Perusing the aisles of one of my favorite stores, Bottle Barn that is, I came across the coolest looking bottle!
Citracot, spirits distilled from grain, hops, and apricots. This hidden gem is the brain child of 7S (Seven Stills) and Barebottle Brewing. Originally a beer collaboration, Citracot IPA resulted in a tropical cocktail flavor of soft stone fruit, juicy bitterness, and citrus notes. Now distill that beer and voila you have Citracot Citracot.
So naturally I bought the bottle and for a couple reason:
1. I’ve had other whiskeys from Seven Stills and really enjoyed them.
2. The bottle design was so fun and eye catching.
3. I was on a stone fruit kick
4. I knew it could make a fun cocktail.
Once back at home I turned on my mad scientist cocktail brain and got to creating… it didn’t take long for the ah-ha light bulb to turn on… Citracot meet When Jam Goes Wrong Peach Puree and the rest is history. The Citracot Peach Fizz was born. 😊
How to make a Citracot Peach Fizz:
- Rocks glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Jigger/shot glass
- Tablespoon (T)
- Cocktail spoon
This makes 2 cocktails or 1 large one
- 2-3 oz Citracot
- 2 T Peach Puree
- 3-4 oz Sparkling Water
- Ice (handful, divided in half)
- Place half the ice in cocktail shaker (about 4 cubes)
- Place the remaining ice in the rocks glass (about 4 cubes)
- Add 2-3 oz of Citracot and 2 T of peach puree to cocktail shaker
- Shake until you want to stop and then shake some more.
- Tip: Wrap a towel around the shaker, it helps mute the noise and keeps your hands from freezing
- Pour evenly between 2 rocks glasses
- Top with 3-4 oz of sparkling water (per glass)
- Give it a stir with the cocktail spoon